Becoming a member of Agape Christian Center means more than just attending a church. Its about becoming a recognized member of our church family. Those who become members are publicly committing themselves to the God-given ministry and mission of Agape Christian Center (click here to see our Mission Statement).
Our membership process includes:
- Attend the membership classes that run for four consecutive weeks.
- Visit our Information Desk to register for upcoming classes.
- Filling out the Member Information Form.
- Hard copies are available at our Information Desk.
If you are already a member of Agape, and have never submitted your information in its entirety, please print and complete this form and return it to the Information Desk located at the entrance of the church in the foyer. If you have any questions you may call our information number at 718-635-0674 or e-mail us at email@example.com
Membership is available to all who have received eternal life (being born again) through a profession of faith in Jesus Christ alone, and who gives evidence through transformation of life.
1. You support the church’s Statement of Faith.
2. You consider Agape Christian Center to be your church home and are not a member of another church.
3. Your intention is to be active in the life of the church, as God enables and directs you.
4. You have been water baptized by immersion.
5. You support the church regularly with tithes and offerings.
6. Regular attendance at church services.
7. Children will be received with their parent(s) membership.
8. Any young person desiring individual membership may apply at the age of 16.
9. You must fill out an application to become a member.
Standards of Membership:
1. A life of Christian character not living in immorality or friendship with the world, but sincerely desiring holiness in conduct. (1 John 2:15-17, Colossians 3:5-10)
2. A willingness to submit to the leadership of the church and receive their ministry in your own life. (Hebrews 13:7, 17)
3. Harmony and peace with fellow believers. (Colossians 3:12-15, Hebrews 12:14) Neither speaking nor hearing evil reports of a brother or sister. (2 Corinthians 12:20-21, Matthew 18:15-17)